Perrin's Walk












Perrin's Walk, formerly Church Walk, is a cul-de-sac off Heath Street. The properties on the north side were built as the coach houses for Church Row in the tradition of a mews and the road is paved in setts and cobbles.

Hughes who built a substantial number of houses in Chruch Row is thought to have also built 13 houses on the eastern extension of Kinghall, tenanted in 1730 mostly by tradesmen, including John Perrin, chandler, who is believed to have given his name to Perrin's Walk.

As a private road it has a detached and secluded air. There are various building types and it is mostly residential. The overall appearance is tied together by the scale and rhythm of the terrace of mostly three storey buildings. A number have been rebuilt since the 1950s. Numbers 20,22,23,25 27 and The Cottage are listed as making a special contribution, Number 24 is listed by English Heritage Grade II.

Perrins Walk